[personal profile] ajohns
Poor Nate. He had severe stomach cramps last night around dinner time, enough that I called his pediatrician to talk through appendicitis risk. They said to give it a few hours, and in that time he threw up twice and felt much less pain (though felt woozy from the vomiting). So we’re figuring some kind of mild food poisoning, I guess. And then just this evening he stepped on a nail (screw?) outside and got a nasty puncture in his foot. It bled profusely, but we controlled it, and he’s up to date on his tetanus vaccination, so.... we’ll just watch it and keep it clean. But seriously, moderately typical kid illness and injury is far more fraught in the current environment. Schooling went okay - because of last night’s vomiting, I kept expectations very low, so there was no weeping (woo hoo!).

I feel bad that I’m not contributing more at work - various of us are meeting regularly to plan out what business development/salvation looks like in a pandemic, and it’s creative work and my brain is just not functioning in that way right now.

I built a garden bed and constructed a insect/groundhog deterring cover for it. I haven’t planted out the broccoli and parsley that will go in that bed - hopefully I’ll get that done this weekend.

Profile

ajohns

October 2020

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
25262728293031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 9th, 2026 09:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios